Dr. Dharma Choudhary
Location: New Delhi
Fees: Max Super Speciality Hospital
- MBBS -1998 (University of Rajasthan)
- MD (Internal Medicine) - 2002 (University of Rajasthan) • DM (Clinical Haematology) - 2006 (All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi)
Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India Vancouver General Hospital, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Dr. Dharma Choudhary is one of the most prominent Bone Marrow Transplant physicians in the country with a proven experience of conducting life-saving Transplant procedures, earning him the distinction of being one of the most reliable and experienced professional in his field.
He is instrumental in the inception of BLK-Max Centre for Bone Marrow Transplant, which was started as a 4 bedded facility and within a short span of time was expanded to a 24 bedded dedicated centre. Under his illustrious leadership, the Centre was able to successfully conduct Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplants (Match Sibling, Match Unrelated & Haploidentical Donor Transplant) and Autologous Stem Cell Transplants. Owing to Dr. Choudhary's immense contribution, the centre is now reckoned amongst one of the largest centres in Asia.
Dr. Choudhary and his team has carried out more than 850 Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplants and 200 Autologous Stem Cell Transplants independently, majorly on Thalassemia Major patients or patients diagnosed with Acute Leukaemia (Myeloid & Lymphoid), Aplastic Anaemia, Multiple Myelomas and Lymphoma. He routinely performs transplant on both paediatric and adult patients.
Dr. Choudhary's area of interest includes:
- Hemoglobinopathy Transplant (Thalassemia & Sickle Cell)
- Bone Marrow Failure Syndrome (Aplastic Anaemia / Fanconi Anaemia)
- Haploidentical Transplant
- Graft versus Host Disease
- BLK-Max Centre for Bone Marrow Transplant has conducted more than 1100 Stem Cell Transplants in the last 8 years catering to patients from India and other countries which include Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, UAE, Nigeria, Kenya, Nepal and other parts of Africa and the Middle East.