Dr. (Maj Gen) Avtar Singh Bath
Location: New Delhi
Fees: Max Super Speciality Hospital
33 years of experience in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. (Maj Gen) Avtar Singh Bath is a Plastic Surgeon of repute and distinct pioneer in many fields of Plastic Surgery. He is the first in the country to start calvarial bone grafting procedures, comprehensive management of arteriovenous malformations, new modalities of treatment of tendon injuries of the hand, management of pectus excavatum and separation of conjoint twins. He is a pioneer in use of autologus therapies (Fat Grafting, P. R. P. therapy) in cosmetic surgery. Some of his original work has been highlighted in Discovery channel and other T. V. channels of repute. His speciality interest is in Cosmetic Surgery, General Plastic Surgery, Micro Surgery, Brachial Plexus surgery and Hand Surgery. He played a significant role in setting up state of art Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Centre at Army Hospital (R & R) Delhi Cantt and BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi. He has been a teacher and examiner of M.Ch and D.N.B. Plastic Surgery in many prestigious universities and he has more than 30 publications in national and international journals.
Awards and Achievements:
- Gold Medal for standing first in Anatomy -1968 Brilliant Student Scholarship - 1969 to 1971
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation - 1986 and 2000
- National Travelling Fellowship Plastic Surgery by APSI - 1988
- Ethicon Fellowship Cosmetic Surgery by APSI - 1996
- Awards by President of India (Sena Medal - 2004, Vishisht Seva Medal - 2007)
- APSI Visiting Professor Plastic Surgery 2007 "Doctor of the Year" award for the year 2012
- Dr. (Maj Gen) Avtar Singh Bath is also a member of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, Association of Surgeons of India, Indian Association of Aesthetic Surgery and Indian Hair Restorative Society.
- BLK-Max Centre for Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery is one of the leading centres in the country and offers a broad spectrum of services for plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery. The Centre boasts of highly experienced doctors and staff and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and other latest lasers, and aesthetic equipment. The Centre's comprehensive Plastic Surgery team is nationally recognized as a leader in Craniofacial, Hand and Microvascular, Reconstructive and Cosmetic plastic surgery. Its Aesthetic Centre is one of its kind in the country providing a comprehensive facility for aesthetic medicine and cosmetic surgery under one roof.